Rocky Paths, Sturdy Shoes and Weary Days


The final lines in my daily devotional:

"Each of us may be sure that if God sends us over rocky paths, He will provide us with sturdy shoes. He will never send us on any journey without equipping us well." ~~Alexander Maclaren

I have been thinking about this verse all morning. Recently is seems that my life path is cluttered by emotional debris and I cannot seem to find the smooth or clear path. Daily I feel distressed and filled with grief by the life I chose to share with someone that I thought was as committed to me as I was to him. It feels like so much hurt and betrayal that I often don't know what to do next.

Each day I begin with my devotions, my coffee, the little bits of news that I care to watch--but, even though I have a daily routine, the load I'm carrying with me is so very heavy.

My daily question continues to be "WHY?" and daily there are no answers.

All I hear inside my head and heart is: Life just is!

Friends have been caring with giving their advice on how to change a daily routine, don't do things you used to do, get out and do things for yourself and on and on. It's been said, "just give those sorrowful feelings over to God".

This is work for me and as much as I love the advice from my family and friends, I believe it is always easier for them to find the 'simple answers' when they are not the person whose heart has been broken.

I often wonder if God is really there and listening to me?

Corrie ten Boom said "never be afraid to trust an unknown future to an all-knowing God." I guess she would know.

I just wish I had sturdier boots because my feet are getting tired of the hike.

Comments

Popular Posts