THE SUN WILL SHINE AGAIN


My life began anew about five years ago. It seemed that after years of managing to muddle through a complicated existence as a lonely wife and working mother, I was ready for a new start. Busy days and sleepless nights had taken its toll on me, but now I was ready to begin again. It has been four years of being single following my divorce--it was time to move forward. There were new adventures ahead.

The forecast for my life began with venturing into the unknown territory of online dating. This came upon the urging of a younger friend who had already acquired the skills for navigating this dating experience. Within a few weeks I had signed on with the two leading companies in this industry. One company claimed life-long relationships (built on several key components), but this left me without anything or anyone of value! The second service seemed like the smorgasbord of the dating world. Eventually, and with several difficult starts, I found friendship with a couple of seemingly nice men. We conversed through instant messenger, emails and the eventual real time phone conversations and dates. There were coffee dates, dinner dates, movie dates, flowers, wine and long walks.

Finally for me, I felt the sun appeared from behind the clouds. Here was the special someone. Here was the person that I had been looking for. Here was the man who understood how to treat a lady. ME—I was that lady! There were regular phone calls filled with bright and lively conversations, red roses and sweet Merlot wine, doors being opened and chairs being pulled out for me at dinners. This gentleman was the complete package deal—well groomed and mannered. He was a man with finesse.

It was then that the sun came out from behind the clouds of my former life and I began to feel complete once again.

During the past few years, I have experienced the radiance of sunlight in my life. The days were filled with blue skies and warmth. How is it then that behind each sunlit day, cloudy days seem to follow? I thought I was exempt from these overcast days. I knew my life was different from everyone else. It was the best life I ever experienced, but I had been blinded by the sunshine. What followed were grey skies and what seemed to be minor problems. Then the storm clouds appeared. It must be that thunderstorms are like the worst of our days--complete with the sky raining giant tears. Now, I have experienced all the weather conditions–sunshine, clouds and storms.

There is a sign on a business a few blocks away from my home. It reads: “Every path has a few puddles.” I’ve been contemplating that saying. I’ve decided that when the storms of life come; you will find yourself walking in the puddles. Are the puddles created from the tears that are shed?

If it is true that joy follows pain, that we learn our life lessons by the mistakes we’ve made, then I believe it is time for the sun to shine on my face once more. I am confident that I will find the rainbows again. I do believe something wonderful is going to happen in my life. I believe in miracles.

I wish you sunshine and blue skies and love!

Comments

Popular Posts