Dedicated to Diane

Today is the 29th birthday of a beautiful young woman.  This is not any young woman. She was to become my daughter in law.  My son, Thomas loved her from the time they were young adults.  When she was unexpectedly taken from our lives in 2004, it left a hole in our hearts.

She and I shared a love of lilacs.  It is our favorite flower.

The poem I've selected today is dedicated to Diane and my son.

Life continues, even after those we love pass away...but there are constant reminders of how they have touched our lives.  I found a poem that touched my heart and (again) reminds me of this special, talented, intelligent, caring and beautiful young woman who was included in our family.   Happy Birthday, Diane.  Here's your poem:

 
ESSENCE OF A LILAC
Every lovely lilac has a pleasant scent,
it reminisce me full of lovely events,
but you are someone I can never neglect,
because that scent is you who it reflect.

I brought you a lilac that is white,
as you simper in an immeasurable delight,
it is amazing to witness an angel sniff in purity,
only to grin along because of your sincerity.

But whenever I am alone without you,
I lie on the grass with nothing to do,
only to dream of your sensitive touch,
for I can never love you too much.

Tonight I lie out in the wild plains,
with a mystifying essence I cannot explain,
then as I look at the plain of lovely lilacs,
I saw you and I did not know how to react.

You run towards me with all your might,
in tears you hug me excessively tight,
we kiss joyfully by the lustrous pond.
with the lilac a proof of our bond.

by Brian Wang

Comments

Popular Posts