Rainy Days in Texas


Hello All!

It's been QUITE some time since I've been on my page. It seems I get caught up on Facebook and MySpace, and I forget about this page.


Today, it is a quiet rainy day in Temple, Texas. It smells fresh outside, the air is cool (finally!) and it's just refreshing! All summer the weather has hovered around 110 and now with the air cooler at about 70 it has made a difference in my energy level. Seems I'm getting alot more done each day.


I'm attending college for the first time in my life. Yes, I'm a college freshman attending our local school. For my first semester I am enjoying taking classes and the challenges it provides for my brain. It's been quite a while since I've been in school, but so far I feel as though I'm accomplishing all my tasks at a good pace.


Autumn is my favorite time of year and even in Texas, when it rains the wind an water in the trees outside my window make a beautiful sound. The rustle of the leaves and the fresh fragrance of the air is refreshing to my soul. I guess when a Chicago Gal moves to Texas, you still long for the crispness of the season. I know the colors don't change like the Midwest, but just knowing that it's the quiet, reflective season of the year, makes me want to curl up with a book, put on a big pot of homemade soup and chill.


Happy Autumn!

C.

Comments

Popular Posts